Last week I have been so busy interviewing and searching the internet for ways to handle transactions in the technical center. But this proposal of mine is still subject for revisions.
Suggested handling of customer/ receiving transactions in the technical center:
1.Make a Job order entry- Job order is an order received by an organization from a customer or client, or an order created internally within the organization. A work order may be for products or services.
The job order will probably state:
- the quantity of the product to be manufactured, built or fabricated
- the amount of raw material to be used, its price and amount
- the types of labor required, rate (per hour or per unit) and amount
- the machine utilization for each machine during the routing process, its rate and amount.
Sample repair order form:
Date received: Oct. 2, 2010
Customer name: Juan de la Cruz
Address: Kanipaan, Palimbang
Unit Model: Starex, Hyundai
|Item#||Work requested||Labor charge|
Control # : ________________
Note: one copy- technician one copy- cashier
2. Assign technician. After assigning a technician, he will give recommendations. If some parts are to be
utilized, there are two options, either the client buys for himself the needed parts, or he buys from the technical center if it is available and for sale. In case the parts needed are from us, here is a sample requisition slip to be given to the parts man and a sample requisition issuance voucher to be given to the (1) customer and to the (2)cashier for records.
Pasali Technical Center
Kanipaan, Palimbang Sultan Kudarat
Control # ________________
Requisition Slip Date _________20___
Requested by: Released by: Approved by:
________________ __________________ __________________
This requisition slip and the job order must be forwarded to the parts man for a proof of the need for a specific part. This slip is to be kept by the parts man for his record.
|Control # ____________|
|Pasali Technical Center
Requisition Issuance Voucher
|Item#||Part Number||Description||Qty||Unit Amount|
The term voucher is also a synonym for receipt and is often used to refer to receipts used as evidence of, for example, the declaration that a service has been performed or that an expenditure has been made. One copy must be given to the client, one for cashier
|I N V O I C E
Pasali Technical Center
Brgy. Kanipaan, Palimbang
DTI Reg/ SEC REg.
3. Issue an invoice. After a service is performed, the technical center issues an invoice. An invoice or bill is a commercial document issued by a seller to the buyer, indicating the products, quantities, and agreed prices for products or services the seller has provided the buyer. An invoice indicates the buyer must pay the seller, according to the payment terms. The buyer has a maximum amount of days to pay these goods and are sometimes offered a discount if paid before.
In the rental industry, an invoice must include a specific reference to the duration of the time being billed, so rather than quantity, price and discount the invoicing amount is based on quantity, price, discount and duration. Generally speaking each line of a rental invoice will refer to the actual hours, days, weeks, months etc being billed.
Original copy- Client One copy- Cashier
The above mentioned forms keeps track all transactions made with the technical center and can be used as basis for inventory. The control number of each forms or invoice is the main reference for review of transactions even the basis for taxation. Therefore, it must be chronologically filed.